ATTENTION POINTS FOR EVENT MANAGEMENT
What to consider for events like board meeting or AGM? Globally such event contains documents, discussions, decisions between members organized in committees and which ends up in a final document signed by everyone and resuming all discussions and decisions. An event usually takes places periodically (every month, quarter, year).
This kind of event requires members agree on a single date which matches with everyone.
- Define how long in advance should be planned the meeting;
- Suggest different dates;
- Ask members to lock the suggested dates before the announcement of the official date, because people available at the beginning may not be anymore available at the end;
- Mind that when you plan a meeting in November for March, many would forget and you would have to refresh everyone (maybe one by one).
Such event supports strategic decisions and requires preparing topics for members.
- The agenda should list in a formal way:
- the topics that will be addressed during the meeting (eventually adding topics members would like to go through);
- the follow-up of previous meeting actions, …
- Make available to recipients all up-to-date documents supporting topics subject to decision;
- Provide a proxy allowing people who cannot participate to the meeting to nominate another member for representing them.
You may find members arrive better prepared by following the recommandations of this guide.
- Mind that running a video meeting with a large number of people requires careful preparation, tight controls, and good facilitation;
- Minutes should be taken directly during the meeting;
- Members should add comments in the agenda or discussion topic;
- Run a decision and record votes.
4. Meeting minutes
Meeting minutes is the resume of the discussion based on the convocation, including present people, voting results, approvals, decisions, and documents.
- It is highly recommended to act decisions by signing before entering into action;
- You should organize the signature of the document the soonest as possible (before the next meeting);
- You should check what kind of signatures should you use (simple, advanced or qualified).